Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community of Musixmatch lovers from around the world.

• Why do many Korean songs have to be translated in Korean?

The original lyrics of many Korean songs have been written in Romanized Korean, not in the original language, Korean. Why do many Korean songs have to be translated in Korean?

By the way, making Romanized lyrics are so easy and simple with an online service. I don't think the Romanization deserve more submission points than the original lyrics.

Higher contributions do not mean their real language skills. Contributors' native and second language skills should be ranked by tests, for them to have the authority to submit and lock lyrics/translations.

• Hi @김태준!

In fact, Romaji lyrics are not accepted.

Since Romaji is not an official language, Musixmatch doesn't detect the language and doesn't consider the lyrics as Korean. That's why there's the option to translate it into Korean.

If you see Korean lyrics written in Romaji, and you have the original version, be free to change it.

Or if you can't, give me the name of the song and a copy of the original version and I'll make you the pleasure to change it for you.

Best regards, Yasito.

Community Rules

Musixmatch is a community of people building the world’s largest lyrics catalog. Learn more on how to contribute and discover all the fun things you can do as a member of our Community.

Discover more

Looks like your connection to Musixmatch Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.