Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community of Musixmatch lovers from around the world.

• How an actual translation should be?

I recently added a translation to a song.

It is actually in Tamil.

One can given exact lyrics in English (as it sounds/what we hear) or translate the lyrics from Tamil to exact meaning in English (as it means)

• Only pronounciation not meaning

• Luke said:

@Shahul-Hameed-P Hey there! Try to translate as much as possible to real English and try to get the meaning of the lines over to the lyrics lovers who will read your translation.
    Implying your song doesn't have a specific meaning (like eg. la la la in English songs), then writing the pronunciation would be the right thing to do. In that case, please try to write it so that people who speak English would be able to (almost) pronounce it correctly (and don't just convert Tamil letters to abc letters).
    I hope I answered your question.

Okay Luke

thanks

• @Shahul-Hameed-P Hey there! Try to translate as much as possible to real English and try to get the meaning of the lines over to the lyrics lovers who will read your translation.
    Implying your song doesn't have a specific meaning (like eg. la la la in English songs), then writing the pronunciation would be the right thing to do. In that case, please try to write it so that people who speak English would be able to (almost) pronounce it correctly (and don't just convert Tamil letters to abc letters).
    I hope I answered your question.

Have a great rest of your day!

• Shahul Hameed P said:

I recently added a translation to a song.

It is actually in Tamil.

One can given exact lyrics in English (as it sounds/what we hear) or translate the lyrics from Tamil to exact meaning in English (as it means)

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Harris-Jayaraj/Enadhuyire/translate

I have given translation based on what it sounds/what we hear

Community Rules

Musixmatch is a community of people building the world’s largest lyrics catalog. Learn more on how to contribute and discover all the fun things you can do as a member of our Community.

Discover more

Looks like your connection to Musixmatch Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.